Reaching Your Peak Performance: Personal Happiness as a Productivity Tool
Workshop with Coach Aija Bruvere
In our dynamic world, the question of how to reach and sustain individual peak performance is very important. The new field of applied positive psychology has a lot to offer for those looking for happiness and meaning at work and in life. The discipline
that has emerged in the last 12 years directs attention to what is right with people as well as to increase subjective wellbeing in order to flourish. Happy, fulfilled people are more successful, more effective and live longer lives. In fact, there is even data that shows that happiness can prevent illness. This two-day seminar will explore the science of how personal fulfillment can improve personal performance and how personal happiness can lead to better relationships both at work and in life.
What if we approached personal happiness as a project? This project starts with a serious audit, looking for the best strategies, looking for evidence-based tools and using proven methods to achieve the best results. It identifies the major variables in the happiness equation. It leads to actions we can take today to live happier and more meaningful lives.
This workshop focuses on the most useful new theories and evidence-based approaches in positive psychology. Participants in this seminar will apply these ideas on two levels:
– Individually: What do these findings mean for me personally? How can I apply them in my life?
– In the organisational context: What works in organisational and team environments? How can we identify strengths and energise organisations?
You will learn:
– How to manage peak performance
– How to change the focus from fixing problems to building on strengths
– How to promote a growth mindset
– How to avoid the ‘happiness trap’
– How to set meaningful self- concordant goals
– Strategies to improve long- term well being
You will be supported by:
– An assessment of where you are and what areas could be improved
– Meaningful goal setting and planning process
– A positive psychology toolkit and roadmap
– Active and constructive coaching conversations
– Individualised feedback and discussion
Day 1: Personal Fulfillment and Peak Performance
– The burnout zone
– The happiness trap
– The peak performance pyramid Mindfulness
– Happiness audit
– Evidence based science of happiness How to broaden and build
– Finding multiple pathways Strength testing
Day 2: Engagement in Relationships at Work and in Life – Building on Strengths Engagement in the workplace Self-determination theory
– Appreciative inquiry
– The growth mindset
– Team dynamics: the golden rule Positive relationships
– Having a constructive coaching conversation Action plan for happier life
Aija Bruvere, MSc Grad. Dip Coaching Psychology
Aija Bruvere is a psychological coach and business consultant. As an active explorer of positive psychology, she is passionate about promoting tools for reaching peak performance and personal happiness. Aija’s expertise is backed by her BSc in Economics and Business from SSE Riga, an MSc in Social Sciences from the University of Latvia, and a Graduate Diploma in Coaching Psychology from the University of Sydney.
Aija is the owner and founder of ABM Consulting, a business consulting firm specialising in international trade facilitation and executive coaching, and – BrainSpa international retreat programme. Since 2008, Aija has facilitated a series of personal development seminars and workshops that focus on personal leadership, systems theory, goal attainment and peak performance, and both personal and professional mind-skills development in Australia, China, Indonesia, and Latvia.
This is the seminar for those who firmly believe that Happiness is a true driver for engagement. Tom Erdal, General Manager at DNB ASA Cash Management, Norway
Aija is passionate and true about what she is doing, and obviously very knowledgeable and professional. Inga Alika, Television Business Director at Lattelecom
This is the programme for people who are pilots of their lives. The receipt for happiness: optimism + humor x effort & planning. Dace Brencena, CEO at SEB Pension Fund